Healthy 3-Ingredient Banana Oatmeal Vegan Cookies!

00:27


Hey folks! It's been a long time since  I made a blog post and let's start again with.... food! Yes, food! I have been making this easy recipe and it has been my absolute favorite. It's one of my favorite go-to-snacks: it's healthy and easy to make!

Let's start!
If you know me, you'll definitely be informed that oatmeal is one of my absolute favorite food in the world, haha! My mom once said that I can live with just eating oatmeal - that's true. Anyway, I love oatmeal since it's easy to make and it's flexible which means that you can use it in different recipes. In this recipe, I used the regular Quaker Rolled Oats. You can get them at any grocery store! Measure half a cup and mix it with your mashed bananas, which will be on the next step.
Slice your bananas and mash them - you can use a food processor/blender for this step. On the other hand, I just used a fork and mashed 'em with my hand. I used two for this recipe. Correlating to the first step/ingredient, add 1/2 cup of rolled oats onto the mashed bananas and combine them with a spatula. Add more 1/2 cups until your desired consistency settles. I added two 1/2 cups which is equivalent to 1 cup and added a bit more oats from the few remaining on the package.

I recommend you use a spatula for this step so that the mixture wouldn't stick onto your whisk/electric mixer/hand mixer. Just use a spatula and your hand and everything will be good!
Get your tablea tsokolate/chocolate or raw cacao chocolate and slice against a piece to produce shavings or these powder like sprinkles. My mom got these tablea balls from Bicol, a province in the Philippines. Tablea's really good for you and it's super healthy since it's raw - it's vegan! 
p.s. I just discovered that these raw chocolate's really good if you eat them by
themselves. Tastes like dark chocolate!


Now grab a cookie pan and spread a thin layer of oil onto the pan so that the cookies wouldn't stick. I used two spoons to grab and shape my cookies - I greased them as well. For the tablea shavings, you can mix them onto the mixture but I added mine at the last minute so I ended up sprinkling them on top of the cookies before baking them.


Wait for the babies to cook for fifteen minutes. You can tell it's cooked when the edges of the cookies start to turn golden brown. Do not forget to use mittens when you pull them out of the oven!



Yay! The recipe of two bananas and a cup of oatmeal made 8 pieces of healthy cookies. 
Don't be afraid to experiment and increase the measurement of the ingredients! 
Also, experiment with more ingredients you can add into the cookie mixture like coconut shavings, nuts, almonds, dark chocolate chips, walnuts... Ah, the combinations are endless! 



I hope you try this recipe out and comment if you did! 
Take a photo of what you did and tag me on instagram @inamnt
or on twitter @pYNAtbutter.



I'll talk to you soon.
x, Yna

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe