SUNKISSED

16:13


School has been draining the living hell out of me and fortunately, my dad decided to go on a little beach trip on Saturday. I have been missing the sea badly - it is perfectly okay to turn a few shades darker as long as I'll get lost in the waves. We drove a good one and a half hours going Laiya, San Juan, Batangas, from Sto. Tomas and stayed at Paseo Verde. 


The weather was perfect. It was the right kind of warm, warm enough to make me feel good on the inside. It was so fun to hang out with my dad and sister, as my mom stayed in our little cottage, napping on the hammock. That day, I learned about my parents' little adventures when they started dating. 

I learned that distance doesn't and won't really matter as long as two people are willing to make something work. Even to this day, distance is still my parents' biggest boulder since my dad has to work abroad. They only see each other for a few months a year and that's enough to keep them going. It is enough. 

I have never understood as to why someone would use distance as to why they're drifting away. My parents are the perfect example that distance doesn't really matter. This is really cliche but that's true. Relationships are supposed to be a team effort. If someone stops believing or exerting effort then I guess that's the end of it. I don't even know why I'm writing about this. This is supposed to be an entry about my beach trip. Just that. 

Settled // The Ransom Collective

Maybe love isn't enough. Maybe telling someone you love them unconditionally won't suffice. Telling someone you love them wouldn't make everything okay. 

It doesn't work that way. Love takes a lot of effort and sacrifice... and the will to make it work. Sometimes, all of these aren't enough and it'll all come to an end. Even beautiful things end too. Maybe that's because you're bound to discover more beautiful things and dive into new experiences. Maybe just love won't be enough. It is never really enough. 

When the other end of the relationship is slowly drifting away, like a leaf that wandered far too off the shore, maybe, just maybe, love won't be enough anymore. My love, you wandered far too off the shore. You swam too far. You drifted away and I am left standing on the shore with the waves crashing on my feet. My feet are tired of waiting. 


I loved how it was still high tide and we stayed far from the shore, far from the sound of the waves crashing. The water was so clear and I wish I could've taken photographs of it. I got to spend time with my sister too, just us, hanging out in the sea. It felt nice. I got to tell her things that I usually tell to my best friends. I think I owe her a lot of stories and it's nice to share them to her. 



Maybe some things are just better when they end, right? Maybe things end because we are bound discover something more beautiful. I never knew that I'll be writing about this. Maybe I'll write more about this. 


It was still a great day albeit the traffic in San Pablo. It feels great to finally meet the sea once again and be kissed by the sun. I am now a few shades darker and I'm still trying to be okay. 








You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe